Words fall short while describing the qualities, benefits and medicinal value of Cow Ghee of indigenous GIR breed of cows. Starting with the innumerable qualities that surpass the limits of this article, a few are described to enlightening the reader about this divine gift of Gaumata that is beneficial to the whole humanity.
What is Ghee?
According to Ayurveda, cow’s Ghee is full of nutritive qualities and an ideal diet. Its regular consumption enhances physical and mental strength, keeps the body healthy and increases the potency of the body. It is not only nutritive, but also helps in taking out the impurities from the body. It enhances eyesight, keeps muscles and tendons healthy, and bone sturdy yet supple.
Properties of Butter
- Hridya – good for heart
- Deepanam – increases appetite
- Grahi – helps in absorbing the digested nutrients from the intestinal lumen
- Vata Pittaghnam
- Chakshushya - good for the eye sight
- Vrishya - acts as a sexual tonic
- Jeevanam, brhmanam
- Pitte – ghrtam lihyath!
- Vathe – ghrtham pibeth!
What is Clarified Butter - Goghrta – Cow’s Ghee properties
- Vata Pittaghnam, Chakshushya, Hrdyam, Medhyam, Vishahara
- Pithe – lihyath!
- Vate – pibeth!
- Ama stage of Pitha disorders
Ghee contains only those fatty acids or saturated fat that are primarily (89%) short chain fatty acids, compared with longer chains in other animal fats, such as beef fat. It is the longer chain fatty acids that are associated with blood clotting and thrombosis. Short chains are not only easier to digest, but help hormone production and strengthening cell membranes.
They that is the long chain fatty acids also have anti-microbial properties, protecting against harmful micro-organisms in the digestive tract.
- It increases Intelligence;
- Helps in enhancing Memory Power;
- Rejuvenates the Skin from inside and increases its Glow;
- Boosts body Energy;
- Detoxifies Body;
- Normalizes Vata;
- Increases clarity of Voice;
- Normalises Pitta; Nourishes the Body;
- Improves Digestion and increases body Fire;
- Increases Quality and Quantity of Semen;
- It is very effective in disorders of the Eye;
- Acts as a Good Rasayana;
It is the best form of fat.
|Cow Ghee-Pure Ghee-Pure Desi GheeMade From 100% Pure Desi Gir Breed’s Clarified Butter|
Surprisingly 10 gms. of Cow Ghee used in fire sacrifice produces one ton of oxygen. When cow’s Ghee is burned with rice it produces Etholine oxide, propylene oxide and Foramaladeyore. Ethelene oxide and Formaldehyde give immunity against bacteria which are used in operation theatre. Propylene oxide induces rain. Therefore, Yagna done with cow Ghee purifies and cleanse the atmosphere and induces rains.Ghee is known for the quality of Ropana - healing, and its effectiveness in facilitating recovery from wounds. In ancient India, people used Ghee to heal the patients who suffered from wounds.According to Ayurveda, if a person has a chronic peptic ulcer or gastritis, Ghee can and should be used to heal that ulcer inside the intestinal tract. Ghee works wondrously on bedsores for the elderly or debilitated. It can be applied for broken bones and bruises. It is highly effective for all sorts of skin rashes. It is also used on burns of both fire and chemicals.Cow Ghee of Gir breed is Useful in the following disorders:
- Kshaya (TB)
- Aruchi (loss of taste)
- Arditha (facial palsy)
- Pleeha (enlargedspleen)
- Grahani (spure) Arsha (piles)
- Akshi Roga (eye disorders)
- RakthaPitta (bleeding disorders)
- Especially useful in the treatment of Unmada (mania and schizhophrenia) and Shopha (edema)
- Visheshadamrutha Shishoh (is like nectar to children)
The effects of dietary Ghee on Heart (how risky is it to take Ghee in diet if a person suffers from CVD – Cardio Vascular Disease) the anhydrous milk fat, on blood and liver lipids in rats-
No lipid deposition was observed either in the arteries or in the livers of animals fed a diet containing ghee (for a period of 8 weeks). Interestingly, serum Cholesterol levels decreased in a dose dependent manner when ghee was incorporated at levels ranging from 2.5 to 10% in the diet.
- The unpublished results show that serum Cholesterol levels were decreased by 8 to 15% in these patients after ghee was consumed as a part of the therapy.
Ghee in Ayurveda
Ghee helps to loosen up and liquefy toxins and pacify humors (Doshas) in the skin and blood (called the outer disease pathway). Ghee helps to carry the healing benefit of many herbs, spices and other foods to the deep cells and tissues of the body. It opens the small channels for dislodging and removing heavy toxins. Thus, toxins begin to drain from deeper tissues and start to flow in the gastro intestinal tract for elimination. It also lubricates and moistens the membranes and tissues. It protects tissues from damage, helps in the proper flowing of wastes and toxins from the body. People with a strong digestive power can use more ghee than those with a weak digestive system. As per Ayurveda the colon is related to all other organs and tissues. When the colon is cleansed and toned successfully, the entire body receives healing and rejuvenation. The colon is the main organ through which the body absorbs nutrients thus, a proper functioning colon is imperative for efficient assimilation of nutrients.
What is Ghee or Butter?
Ghee is a semi-liquid form of butter without water content, lactose and other milk solids. It is prepared by gently heating butter until it becomes a clear golden liquid. Ghee is light, pure and does not become rancid for a long time. Ghee, the Ayurvedic cooking medium, has a rich, buttery taste and aroma, and comes with a host of benefits listed in the traditional Ayurvedic texts.
Ghee Benefits in the Ayurvedic Science
In Ayurveda ghee is a foundational ingredient, it imparts the benefits of the best essential fatty acids without the problems of oxidized cholesterol, trans-fatty acids or hydrogenated fats. It is also resistant to free radical damage and is both salt and lactose free. It contains butyric acid, a fatty acid with antiviral and anti-cancer properties. Ayurveda considers ghee as the ultimate cooking oil, with diverse mind/body benefits listed in the ancient texts.
- Absorption: Ghee is an oil that can bond with lipid-soluble nutrients and herbs to penetrate the lipid-based cell walls of the body. Thus, it increases the potency of certain herbs by carrying the active components to the interior of the cells, which helps to increase Marrow, Semen & Ojas (Immunity).
- Preservative: Ghee contains no water, so it does not spoil easily and hence preserves the original freshness and potency of herbs and foods. Therefore, no refrigeration is required for ghee. It is ancient Ayurvedic and folk assumption that as Ghee becomes aged, though its taste becomes slightly bitter its effectiveness and healing properties increases. In many Ayurvedic classical formulation 5 to 10 years older Ghee is highly recommended.
- Digestion: The Ayurvedic texts say that ghee lubricates the digestive system and improves the digestive power because it helps enhance digestion without irritating the stomach and balance the stomach acids to maintain and repair the mucus lining of the stomach. Ghee aids proper digestion and nutrient assimilation. People who are lactose intolerant can generally consume ghee.
- Mind: Ghee is said to promote all three aspects of mental functioning: learning, memory and recall. The traditional texts also designate ghee a medhya Rasayana, (Healthy and balanced fat in the body), beneficial for mental alertness and memory. It supports healthy vision, voice, intelligence and brain function.
Other Benefits of Cow Ghee
- Pure Ghee has been given the cherished title of “Rasayana” in Ayurveda pre-eminent herbs and foods that help overall health, longevity and well-being.
- Pure Ghee is highly recommended for people having problems with piles, fisher, and fistula.
- Pure Ghee enhances the quantity and quality of semen and ovum also referred to as Ojas, our immunity (the master coordinator of mind and body).
- More Ojas translates to increased fertility and healthier children.
- Ghee is well known as an anti-aging ingredient.
- Ghee helps the equal distribution of fats in the body.